Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let's try this again!

I'd like to say 'I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted', but I honestly can't.  I realize that it has been too long, especially after my attempt at a run this morning!  Wednesday I jumped on the elliptical for 40 minutes, which went fairly well.  I knew I was out of shape after all this time, but was thinking it wasn't so bad at that point.  This morning I went for a run though.  It was sad, it was pathetic, it pissed me off!  I was on the track for 47 minutes, and it was hard the entire time!  I was only able to run for 2 laps, then had to walk for one.  I did keep that rotation up for the duration, but it was hard.

My weight is up to 151 lbs, which was my first tip off that things aren't right.  I've been really struggling with my boys the last few months, and especially with myself as I try to keep us all on schedule.  It's not totally sorted out yet, but I've realized I can't put my body, and my sanity, on the back burner any longer.  Exercising is a major stress relief for me.  I need that rush I get to keep me sane.  I most likely won't be totally consistent with my workouts, but I am going to be a lot more cognizant of what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment