Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting back on track!

The last few weeks have found me getting back to my running, and this week I've also added Hot Yoga twice!  Monday I was able to get my run done in 30 minutes, felt so good to get my time down like that.  I only completed 4k on Tuesday, wasn't feeling it as I was still recovering from a migraine Monday evening.  I did attend Yoga that night though... WOW, talk about intense!  I had taken a Bikram yoga class with a friend a few weeks earlier, but it was a 90 minute class at a more sedate pace.  This 65 minute class was quick and very intense... and I am really feeling those workouts now!  These classes will be excellent for my core, and upper body strength, something I have been neglecting the last while.

I only have 9 days till my first 5k race, and I feel very ready and prepared... or so I hope!  I would truly love to complete it in less than 30 minutes, but my main goal is to complete it!  Off for a run right now, then Yoga tomorrow, and another run on Sunday.  Not sure what schedule I will do next week, but will take Saturday, and possibly Friday, off to rest before the race.

1 comment: