Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back with both guns blazing!!!

Well, today I was finally well enough, and able to make it to the track for a run.  What was even better was that I was child free!!  So, iPod set to go, off I went.  What a run!  I really wonder what has been holding me back lately??  Has it been that I thought I couldn't do it?  That it would be too hard, so why bother?  Whatever the reason, it is no longer valid!  I ran for...

20 minutes

No breaks (other than quick sips of water every 3-4 laps), for a total of 15 laps, which equals 3.3km!  I have not done that well ever, still can't believe I did that!  I might have been able to go for a bit longer, but was getting some cramps, and felt I done well enough for one day.  The longest run, without breaks, that I have ever done is only 8 minutes.  I ran 12 minutes longer than I have before.

I have just signed up to run 5km in the Footstock race held here in town on the 13th of June.  I am so excited, and looking forward to completing this event... my first ever race!  This gives me just under 3 months to prepare, and if today is any indication, I will be running 5km straight in a month.  I will then have 2 months to work on my pace.

2 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOO Girl Great job !!! who would have thought i would have ever been a runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's so awesome!!! So proud of you! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete