Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A little background

I don't know why I am finding it so hard to get back into a good routine of exercise, and eating well???? I know it's not easy, but I don't remember it ever being quite this hard... it's usually keeping it going for any real length of time that I have problems with.

Today, though, I am doing well eating wise! Even though I am hungry right now, I am resisting, as well as drinking water instead.

Okay... enough about excuses, here's some reasons and explanations of what I want. History first.

Until I got married 12 years ago, I never had a weight problem. In fact, for a long time I would say that I was underweight! During high school, and until I was around 21, I weighed around 110lbs... which is not much when you are 5'5". I danced (Ballet, Jazz, Tap) from age 6, until I was 16, typically 6 nights a week. This is one reason I was so thin, always moving, and not much time for food. When I stopped dancing, it was a few years before I started to gain weight.

By the time I was around 21, I was probably around 125lbs, which was a wonderful weight for me. I was confident, happy, and healthy. I met my Hubby when I was 22, and married him 4 months later. I believe I was around 130-135lbs when we tied the knot. It was not hubby's fault that I gained weight, but just circumstances. I really did not know him well at the time, and had moved 2000kms away from my friends and family to be with him!!! I was living way up North, it was very, very cold, I didn't really know my new husband, didn't have a job yet, and found solace in snacking and watching TV.

Within 6 months I had put on around 20lbs, and over the next 7 years I managed to add another 30lbs. Then of course we had our 3 children within 3.5 years. Obviously this didn't help matters, in some ways made it worse... I gained between 50 and 60lbs with each pregnancy, which of course has left me with stretch marked skin that I don't always feel comfortable in.

Now for where I want to be....

I would be ecstatic to be at 135lbs again, it was a wonderful weight for me, not heavy or light, with just the right curves. I want to be there before the end of the year... so I need to lose 50lbs over the next 11 months, a fairly attainable goal.

The following is my biggest obstacles.

  • I find that my children exhaust me by the end of the day.
  • It isn't always easy to eat properly when I also have to feed three kids, clean up after them, and keep the house clean, especially when hubby is away.
  • It doesn't help matters when Hubby buys snack food for himself, especially things that I like.
My Reasons for losing this weight.
  • I want to have the energy, and ability to keep up with my 3 boys.
  • We plan to move to the Mediterranean, and I don't want to feel self conscious in a bathing suit.
  • I want to wear clothes in a single digit size!
Some of my excuses seem pretty lame when I type them out like this!!! With Hubby gone these next few weeks, I will concentrate more on my eating than exercise. When he comes back I will have more energy to work on exercise... right now it is all I can do to get through each day with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment