Saturday, February 27, 2010

Embrace Pain

I think that should be my new motto!!!  I went for a run/walk yesterday, pushed myself nicely.  Did a total of 25 min running in 5 min intervals with a 2 min walk in between.  The last 2 running intervals were hard, it hurt, but it also felt so good.  I still have a long way to go before I am running 5km straight, but I am really looking forward to that day... and then to pushing myself even harder!

I really wish I had learned to enjoy this feeling years ago, to love the feeling of my muscles working that much harder.  There is a simplicity with running, a joy that I have found.  I now look forward to those times that I can see how far my body can be pushed.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you.
    I'm going to attempt the open road tomorrow and bike to my moms. That should be pain.. :0

    ReplyDelete